Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
1. Assistive Technology for Alternate Assessment and Evidence-Based Practice
2. Assistive Technology Implementation Model - CETT Team
3. Assistive Technology To Promote Community Inclusion ~ Mercy Centre Worcester
4. Using ComicLife to Write Social Stories
5. District Assistive Technology Program Implementation Model
6. The Read/Write Web 2.0
7. Including All Learners
8. Literacy and Sensory Supportive Learning Strategies
9. Alternative and Augmentative Communication Across the Curriculum
10. Universal Design for Learning: A Partnership Model
Welcome to the Simmons Assistive Technology Showcase at CEC Wiki
The Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) mandates that students with learning challenges receive access to the general curriculum through accommodations facilitated by assistive technologies. The Simmons College graduate program in Assistive Special Education Technology prepares educators and therapists to design expert interventions that make these accommodations with a primary focus on student and curriculum. We created the Assistive Technology Showcase for the annual CEC Convention to give participants an opportunity to meet assistive technology-using educators sharing their success stories. We want visitors try the technologies that make these best practice models possible. We offer formal presentations as well as informal visits with the educators, therapists, even end users, at stations that demonstrate their interventions.
We also want to practice what we preach and think digital as well as environmentally "green". Here are the handouts from the CEC Assistive Technology Showcase, sponsored by The Council for Exceptional Children, Simmons College and Apple Computer, Inc.
I welcome your comments and feedback. To learn more about our graduate program please visit:
Assistive Special Education Technology Graduate Program Director
Click on the Navigation Topics to the left to find handouts for each station and presentation.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"